Pupils benefited from pupil premium funding in a variety of ways including
- Creation of Literacy Focus Groups in the lower band throughout KS3 with a focus on English and raising standards in literacy and communication;
- Additional support from teaching assistants in the classroom;
- Employment of additional teaching staff in Maths to raise standards in numeracy through intervention at KS3 and KS4;
- Booster and revision classes after school, at weekends and school holidays;
- Director of Data Management to work with live data and track progress made by ‘groups’ throughout KS3 and KS4 and increase the importance of pupil tracking and pupil data in raising standards;
- Introduction of the Learning and Teaching Forum to improve the Quality of Teaching with the intention of increasing the percentage of teaching that is judged good or outstanding;
- Provision of Laptops to students, as appropriate, to support learning and progress.