We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and a comprehensive screening process, including a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure at Enhanced level, will be undertaken on all applicants. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age
Job Title: LSA/Cover supervisor.
Pay Grade: APT&C Scale 5.
Start date: September 2020
Term time only from 8:15am- 4:15pm.
Thames View Junior School is looking for a Learning support assistant/ Cover supervisor on a Year’s fixed term contract to join our enthusiastic team. You will be expected to carry out duties such as;
• To run and monitor small groups in and out of the classroom environment to a high standard.
• Where necessary cover whole classes for up to 20 hours a week using work prepared by classroom teachers or SLT.
• Mark work according to the school policy.
• To manage groups of children on Educational Visits.
• To use own initiative in the classroom and other school environments that will help to enhance children’s learning opportunities.
• To be prepared to run an extra-curricular club that support’s the school’s wider curriculum and ethos.
• To follow and adhere to the school’s behaviour policy at all times and maintain the positive ethos/values of the school as well as the vision of the Headteacher.
Closing date: Friday 19th June 2020
Our Application form is also available here: