The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools/academies in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers. Our funding for 2016/2017 is £345,850.
At Thames View Junior School:
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at one time
Providing small group work with an experienced teacher focussed on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1:1 support
- Additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through trained TAs or external agencies
- Acquiring effective materials aimed at raising standards, particularly in reading and mathematics.
- All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress moving children to at least age related expectations. Initially this will be in Literacy and Numeracy
- Pupil premium resources may also be used to target High Achievers (Gifted & Talented)
- The school will publish information on how they have used their Pupil Premium Grant to address the issue of ‘diminishing the difference’ (narrowing the gap), for socially disadvantaged pupils.
Please click the link for the Pupil Premium Report 2016/2017 Pupil Premium Expenditure Report 2016-2017
Please click the link for the Pupil Premium Report 2015/2016 Pupil Premium Action Plan-Report 2015 – 2016