Information about this school
- Thames View Junior school is almost twice the average-sized junior primary school.
- Almost two thirds of pupils are eligible for the pupil premium, which is well above the national average. This is additional funding for children in the care of the local authority and pupils known to be eligible for free school meals, and those with a parent in the armed forces.
- Three quarters of pupils are from minority ethnic backgrounds. This figure is much higher than average. The largest group of pupils are of Bangladeshi heritage. Other significant groups include Black African, White British and pupils from other White backgrounds.
- Two thirds of pupils speak English as an additional language;this is more than three times the national average.
- The proportion of disabled pupils and pupils with special educational needs supported at school action is below average, as is the number supported at school action plus or who have a statement of special educational needs.
- Since the previous inspection, the school has experienced a high number of staff changes. Since September, 2013 the school has had three headteachers. An interim headteacher was appointed in January, 2014 for one term, after the resignation of the previous headteacher in December, 2013. The current headteacher was appointed to a permanent post in April, 2014. The Chair of the Governing Body, as well as several other governors, were appointed in the last 18 months. Almost all senior and middle leaders are new to their roles. One teacher recently joined the school.
- The school is in a ‘loose’ partnership with the Infant Academy, the Church of England Primary School and Riverside Free School within its local community.
- The school meets the government’s current floor standards, which set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress in English and mathematics.
- The school runs a breakfast club for its pupils.
Our school has no Ofsted Inspection Report- The school was opened as a sponsored Academy under Partnership Learning Trust on 1st February 2015
If you would like copies of our Teaching and Learning Reviews, please speak to our school receptionist, Miss Alex Hales, who will be happy to help.