Thames View Junior School’s Parent Voice Parents are:
Regular, open communication and consultation is highly valued at Thames View Junior School. The Parent Voice Group aims to represent the views of all parents and to be a voice to inform our school of the needs of children and families. It facilitates communication between parents/carers and staff and governors. The group works to provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current policy and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision. The role of the Parent Forum is consultative and advisory. The Governing Body and Headteacher remains the decision maker of the school and provides strategic leadership.
The group is not in place to address specific concerns about an individual child or issues relating to individual members of staff. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the Social Inclusion Officer.
- To support and promote children’s learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers fully in the development of the school
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our children
How to Get Involved
If you would like raise new points for the following meeting, then you can either:
- Email Leanne Francis via the school office
- Talk to a representative of Parent Voice Group.
It is import to discuss areas of strength as well as making suggestions for improvements as the school also needs to reflect on what is working well.