All school policies can be printed at no additional cost. Please contact Miss Hales, our receptionist if you require a document.
On a termly basis, students are reminded of the E-Safety and are asked to sign the schools network Acceptable Use Policy. It is in their best of interest to abide with these tips.
I will make sure that I use the ICT facilities safely, responsibly and legally. This means …..
- I will take responsibility for my own e-safety when online, I will not give out any personal details or arrange to meet someone without permission of my parent, carer (further advice is available at http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/)
- I will use email responsibly and politely. I will never use ICT for bullying or harassing others or in a way that will bring the school into disrepute.
- I will not download any attachment from people that I do not know.
- I will not install any software on the school network.
- I am allowed to use a flash drive (USB memory stick) in order to back up or access my work files.
- I will not intentionally gain access to unsuitable or illegal sites e.g. pornography, child abuse, racism, incitement to violence.
- I will report to a teacher or a member of staff as soon as possible any accidental access to such sites. I understand that my report will be confidential and will protect other students and myself.
- I will only access computer systems using my own login and password, which I will keep secret.
- I will ensure that I will not copy other people’s work and pass it off as my own (plagiarism).
- I will use school ICT equipment with care and tell my teacher of any damage which occurs as soon as possible.
- I understand that my teachers could check my documents anytime.
- I will use network resources responsibly.
- I will preview my document before I print it.
- I will regularly review my files and delete them when no longer needed,
- I will only store school-related files and images on the school network.
- I will only use the ICT equipment for school related work.